Wooooo-hoooooo!!! The puck drops in about 11 hours and our long, long, long, looooong summer of despair ends and the first season of renewal begins. We'll have lots of stuff for you today including previews from Chemmy and I, a look at the experts' predictions for the Leafs (spoiler alert: they predict disaster), a preview of the game, and a game thread for the first of 82 therapy sessions. But first, a reminder to all of the visitors that have been too shy to participate:
Today is a great day to join the growing community and share in the commiseration.
- There is no FAIL here. Godd and Kim trade barbs and thoughts on the upcoming season.
- Sign up for Pick SPG and join the fun for the season. Caps fans outnumber us 4-1. That's brutal.
- Group accountability? Every time Wilson tosses out one of his wacko ideas it takes some time to get used to them.
- Darcy misses Toronto. You can really feel the pain come through in this interview.
- Eyebeleaf and Tomas sitting in a tree...
- The General gets us ready to run through a brick wall. GO LEAFS GO!
- The number one reason the Capitals were our surrogate team: Alexander Ovechkin. I would have died of happiness if he was a Leaf.
- A friendly reminder to all of the Americans that visit: tonight's game is on Versus. They'll have revolutionary puck-tracking technology (don't call it a glow puck!) on the telecasts and here's a drinking game that will likely result in alcohol poisoning. Add a drink every time they pan to Ron Wilson looking angry.
- MF37 thinks more Leafs fans should be angry about Darcy Tucker. Personally, I, PPP, the author of this post (verifiable by scrolling up) think that Darcy Tucker is as handsome as he is strong and would love to spend time with him talking about philosophy and the arts.
Back to the puck-tracking thing, I don't get how a big group of Americans can supposedly complain about not being able to see a black puck on white ice especially since they can allegedly see a white golf ball on a light blue sky. I can never see that shit. But, as one comedian who is so un-famous that I can't remember his name said, it makes even less sense because normally Americans have no problem distinguishing between black and white. Zing! Alright, enjoy the morning and the links and if you're new and American Chemmy is too so I have permission to make those kinds of jokes.