The Leafs may have played in Boston last night, but that messy game isn't what Leaf fans are writing about this morning. No, the big news is Mats Sundin finally made a decision and signed a one-year deal with the Canucks.
The reaction from Leafs Nation runs the gamut from Anger to indifference.
Not since two Star Trek fans were nominated for a Hugo Award in 1974, shocking the science fiction community and leading to the creation of stand-alone Star Trek conventions, has a nation been so divided.
After the jump, a true From the Branches (FTB) update as we take the temperature of Leaf fans...
Here's the reaction from Leaf blogs:
- The reaction at PPP when the news went down makes for some fascinating reading (264 comments and counting)
- The wonderful proprietor of the blog you're reading right now offers his thoughts on Sundin
- Down Goes Brown enumerates why some Leaf fans are mad at Sundin and then follows up with a personal message to Mats
- MF37 thinks Sundin's indecision meant Vancouver was the only suitor left
- The Passion that Frustrates us All thinks it's all about the money
- Old Guys in Blue and White says "Good for you Mats"
- Steve at Hockey Analysis is just glad it's over
- Wendel's Moustache is a little emotional right now...
- Jared is cooly reserved.
- Blurr has videos for his ever-changing mood
- Wrap tells Mats: cash grabs aint cute, babydoll
- Cox Bloc drops Taylor Pyatt in Mats' lap
- **UPDATED** Toronto Sports Media has a great take on the media
- And the last word on Mats goes to Eyebleaf
From Vancover (which seems to be a little hung-over after the Linden ceremony; so many blogs, so few aware of the Mats signing. I'm sure this will be added to throughout the day as the West Coast wakes up)
- Orland Kurtenblog has 10 questions about the Sundin signing
- Waiting For Stan is in shock
- Canucks Corner thinks the salary cap is the big story
- The hocky guys out west may have missed it, but Miss 604 (really?) has her thoughts up on Mats
From the Rangers:
- Rangers Blog says it's about the money (anyone noticing a trend?)
- Rangers Report has a timeline and loads of comments
And the take from the neutral corner:
Sure to updated throughout the day...hit us up if we missed one or if you want to talk about last night's game. Anyone think it was Cujo's last as game as a Leaf - be interesting and somewhat fitting if he and Mats had things come to an end on the same day...