I had the craziest dream last night. Sundin was wearing a Canucks jersey, Pat Quinn was back behind the home team's bench at the ACC and people were saying Jason Blake was one of the best Leafs of late. I must just need a coffee to get this straightened up and these cobwebs out of my head.
Today's links after the jump.
- Eric Duhatschek demonstrates why he's the must-read guy in the MSM, weighing in on Sundin, the recent clash of the Western Conference Titans (SJ and DET), Calder trophy candidates and the apparent wealth of youth in Columbus. It's a great read.
- Of note for those tracking the Calder candidates, leading rookie scorer Derick Brassard injured his arm in a fight. He's due for an MRI on Sunday.
- It was Tavares v. Hedman at the ACC last night as the Canadian Juniors took on the Swedes. Canada won the pre-tournament friendly 4-2.
- Mike Van Ryn is trying to recover from a second concussion, maybe it's time the Leafs consider the big-bowl Messier helmet.
- Frogren and Hagman are back in for the Leafs tonight.
- Last night, Penguins keeper Marc-Andre Fleury played his first game since pulling his groin on November 15. He helped the Pens beat Atlanta 6-3. He is expected to start for the Pens against the Leafs tonight.
- Speaking of injuries, Selanne slashed his leg with his own skate last night. Wyshynski has the gory details. We'll keep you posted as to when McFarlane has the injured Selanne doll on the market.
- The servers are back up at Maple Leaf Hot Stove where they live blogged the Canada Sweden game and Alec Brownscombe offers up his thoughts on the Sundin signing.
- In the wake of Sundin's official departure, MF37 looks at how the last five Leaf captains left town (in a nutshell: traded, traded, waived, traded, traded, UFA)
- Vintage Leafs has more great photos - Ballard, Vaive, Wilson, Salming, Foster Hewitt, a naked dude at a Leafs v. Blues game, Ace Bailey, Sundin rockin' the Jofa...
- Jimmy the Moose (no, I'm not making that up) says take the over in tonight's Leafs - Penguins game. With thirteen goals in the Boston game, the Leafs taking the photoshopped items behind a goalie industry to new heights and a match-up aganist the Mighty Pens, yeah, I think the over is a good bet too.
As always, post the ones we've missed in the comments...