When MLSE announced the free exhibition game the reaction was...probably not what they expected. It's not like MLSE was giving up any revenue as Coca-Cola probably paid more for the ability to sell chances at winning a draw through their products. And look at all of the great sponsors you have to patronize to go see the game.
- Price gougers
- A company that employs Nik Kypreos
- I like Ralphie but the rest of 640 can go in the trash
- The worst group of newspapers in the world.
After even putting in that effort I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of those tickets being given to the sponsors to give to employees. Bah, what a crappy way to start the day. Links are after the jump.
- The Leafs' broadcast schedule is out. Only 13 games on LeafsTV? Wow.
- H/T to JP - The Hockey News gave the Leafs' draft a B+ although that is based mostly on the assumption that despite multiple guys having great skill sets that they will fail to develop. Actually, wait a second! The sens picked up three guys from leagues below the CHL and get a B?!?! Typical anti-Leafs bias.
- The Good Doctor looks at how to pick a captain and has a slew of polls.
- Speaking of captains, The General presents a pretty good list of guys that won't be captain of the Leafs. The last one is hilarious. Someone call Kuchter.
- Speaking of Mark Bell, I am excited to see him in training camp now that his work detail is over. But please, please, do not fight guys bigger than you.
- Godd Till recognizes two truths. 1) Leafs = comments. 2) Reporters blogging is mostly hilarious.
- Mike W uncovers the end of Bell's latest Olympics commercial. What a horrible attempt at re-branding. 'er'? WTF?
- Wyshynski! weighs in on McKeon v. Leonsis.
- Sean gives Bryan McCabe something to look forward to in Florida: His inevitable image restoration by a media eager to make the Leafs look stupid.