Editor's Note: Here's a final guest FTB. We'll have one more long piece up this afternoon and then it's time for the Eliminator.
Sure, that title may look corny, and potentially lame, but I like to think there’s a certain level of charm there, too. The Leaf brass is keeping its promise of giving Justin Pogge more time with the big club after the All Star Break, starting with tonight’s game at the Wild. He’ll likely hand it off to Toskala again Thursday against the Avs, but it’s nice to see him back up in the NHL. Looks like the future is now for Pogge. Best of luck! Here are today’s links.
- Steve thinks the Leafs are rushing Pogge just a little. I think I’ve got something to do the next time I’m in Huntsville, Alabama.
- The General, in between hating on the All Star Game and Skills Competition, finds time to point out how awesome Luke Schenn is.
- Gus over at Maple Leafs Hot Stove offers up a scenario where Daniel Briere would become a Leaf. Briere doesn’t appear to age physically, so this might be a great move.
- TSM tells us about the microscope Pogge’s about to be put under, Killer’s potential deception, and the lack of juicy Leaf trade rumours…Wait, did I really just write that last part?
- The Leaf blue line is about to get a boost. Someone’s bound to cream…uh…Dammit! I was sure I could name ONE guy on the Wild!