Hockey. It starts tonight...(via torontoist.com)
We're finally here. Opening night. When the season ended a scant 6 months or so ago, we'd seen a glimpse of Christian Hanson and been recently introduced to Tyler Bozak. However, since that time we've met Happy Trails, the Monster, Komikazi, C and Nasty (my Nazdaq is rising) Nazem. Suffice to say, it's been an exciting six months.
Tonight, it all begins again. Games matter. Not only in November, but now. Tonight we get to see the team as Brian Burke sees them: a team with "proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, belligerence and truculence."
Tonight, we see the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- The Truthulence speaks.
- At Heroes in Rehab, jrwendelman has a few words of wisdom for opening night.
- Steve gives us a break down of the Jiri Tlusty, Nikolai Kulemin andTyler Bozak demotions. Then, he looks at the Leafs October schedule and gives us some predictions.
- Zambonic Youth spreads some love out west and inadvertently (or maybe advertently...) introduces you to the greatest NHLer you never knew.
- Down Goes Brown keeps rolling through the divisions, with a stop in the Northwest.
- Norman James has his predictions up, and the reasons for PLAYOFFS!!!1 in Toronto.
- TSM has their prediction counterpoint up, and notes that the Leafs could make the playoffs not only on their own merits, but the lack thereof from the competition. Also, giving the power back to the people they ask: Who is the next Leafs captain?
- The Muppet is wondering if false-positives apply to hockey players, as Bob McKenzie's words about Stalberg has his heart all-a-flutter.
- MLHS kicks off the season with recollections of favorite Leaf goals from years past.
- Leaf & Lion breaks down the blue line and net positional players, with silver linings and clouds for all.
- Is three non-consecutive periods of pre-season hockey enough to gauge the capabilities of a goalie? Hockeycentric seems to thinks so.
- Even more than the predicted final score, I'm a big fan of Hockey Independent's predicted finishing move by the Leafs.
- I enjoy articles like this one because, as someone else put it here recently, I get the feeling of being wrapped in a warm blanket, all safe and cozy. It's hard for fans of other NHL teams to fathom the joy we get from having a GM with a plan...
- In addition to having a plan, the added bonus of depth on the Leafs has suddenly made the Marlies newsworthy again.
- Does the pre-season matter? We'll soon find out!
- Saying goodbye to one of their own, Four Habs Fans bid adieu to "Little Tits"