You know, it's at times like this I like to head out into the chill fall air and enjoy the good things in life. Maybe go out walking in the countryside and savour the rich tapestry of nature - the singing birds, the golden sun and auburn hues of the trees.
Presently, I may come across a young family feeding the ducks at the lake. At which point of course, I'd push little
Johnny Joey into the water, set fire to the mother's nicely styled hair, rake the ducks with semi-automatic gunfire and finally battle the father to the death in a specially constructed MLSE thunderdome. Because that's what autumn is all about. That and I support the Leafs and I'm in a very, very, very bad mood. See you in court.
- Last night's action is reviewed by Leafs247, Far Away Leaf, in pictorial format by Kavel Pubina and the gameday thread over at Maple Leaf Hot Stove. Toronto Sports Media meanwhile has more on shots thrown at Wilson.
- Also getting that sinking feeling were the Marlies, losing in a shoot out to the Grand Rapids Griffins. Reviews here and in more depth here.
- Norte has a view on Shanahan and I won't lie to you good people, it ain't pretty.
- bkblades has a word on the good side of streaking, as well as the bad side (sadly featuring no actual streaking by the man himself).
- And while it's nothing we haven't heard before, the Torontoist ain't too happy about things in general either.
- So it's been a bad weekend all round, I think we can agree on that. Not as bad as the one David Booth is having though - starting off with his attempt to mix hockey and baseball and finishing him off with him getting the mother off all bell ringings off of Mike Richards.
- In other disciplenry news, it'll be 3 on the sidelines for Tuomo Ruutu after giving Darcy Tucker a night in the ER. Get well soon, Darcy.
- Rounding off today, friend of the show OdinMercer over at Five For Howling has a new podcast and you should probably go and check it out. C'mon, it's Sunday - you aren't busy.
- LATEBREAKING - Another game review from last night, straight outta SoCal.
- FURTHERBREAKING - Fear no more, heartbroken types - It's the new Bloge Salming short! And things are going from bad to worse for the Vesa
- EVENLATERBREAKING - Kohma's thoughts on the Leafs' "slump" or as some of us call it "their lack of offense, defense, goaltending, special teams and management". We still have sweet jerseys though.