The Puck Whisperer (via cache.daylife.com)
Jonas talks to the puck and settles it down. He says "it's OK, you don't need to go in the net. You don't even want to go in the net." The puck quietly comes to rest at Gustavsson's feet, and the gentle giant some call "Monster" reaches down and gently scoops the puck out of harms way.
"There, there little buddy. Doesn't that feel better?" Jonas asks the puck. Quietly, the rounded piece of vulcanized rubber settles into the goal keepers glove. It's finally home...
At least, that's how I imagine things happen when the Monster is in the net. After three seasons of nail biting adventures whenever the puck comes within 15 feet of the net, I find myself reaching a zen like state when the Monster goes to work. "He's got this" seems to be a phrase set to repeat in my mind when it comes to Jonas Gustavsson.
- TSM has seen the future, and it is the Monster.
- Archi tempted the hockey gods with this post. Lucky he's so handsome...
- Bloge Salming. That's all you need to know. Stop reading this and go there. NOW!
- MLHS recaps the game, and no, you don't need glasses. They're right about Jason Blake.
- Clawson is just saying what we're all thinking.
- Leafs247 recaps the game, and gives a shout out to some very intelligent and good looking folks (pssst - that's us!)
- Norman James is happy for three out of a possible four points. Can we get three more in the next two games?
- Kavel Pubina is playing "Where's Waldo" with Mike Ribeiro.
- Illegal Curve tries to get to the bottom of the Leafs slow start. He even uses maths!
- HockeysFuture takes a long look at Jonas Gustavsson. It's funny, cuz he's so tall.
- DamoSpin caught the Leafs in Dallas, and actually liked what he saw.