We're in the homestretch now. The final 48 hours of 2009 are upon us. Be you happy, sad or indifferent, one thing is for certain, we're all moving forward. Well, all of us except these guys. They're timeless!
There's hockey on tonight (for real this time!) The Leafs trudge off to that oasis of the tundra, Edmonton! It's Pat Quinn's first meeting against his former club since returning behind the bench. Oh the intrigue! The story lines! The suspense and motivation! What angle will the MSM take!?!? Who cares? I'm sure triple P or Chemmy will have a preview up later today.
- After a thorough analysis of the issue, Jared lists out the many reasons he feels Mike Fisher should not be on Team Canada.
- Steve channels his inner-Eklund and takes a look at an intriguing rumor coming out of LA and a possible Kings-Leafs swap. Next up, the exorcism of said inner-Eklund.
- Down Goes Brown finishes off his top 20 list of Maple Leaf Moments from the past decade. I'm watching #6 again. And again...
- Vintage Leafs is on a tear lately, and today's batch of goodies will you leave you wanting more. Plus, I forgot how psychotic Tie Domi used to be. Thanks for jogging the memory!
- Captains. Are they really important to a team? TSM is wondering what you think about that.
- In other news, the selection of Team Canada is almost upon us. However, before the picks are made, Hockey or Die! and MLHS would like to take a crack at the roster.
- Over at Eat. Sleep. Leafs. Jonas thinks Tomas Kaberle might be on the move soon, and it's Ian White who seems to be packing Kabby's bags for him.
- Speaking of captains and Ian White, the Star thinks that could be a perfect match for the Leafs.