Does anyone else get the creeping sense that the events of yesterday are going to be a whole lot more exciting than deadline day? The wires haven't exactly been singing with tales of trade piracy and wholesale dupery. However! All we need do is saunter over to our favourite 'free social messaging utility' and get a line straight into the nerve centre! What? Really....? But why would someone do that?
Well that's just cheapening the whole exercise, frankly. Shame on all of you.
- Steering a path through the Sundin and Twitter minefields, Toronto Sports Media wonders if there's any excitement left to be had this season.
- Alec and Garrett at the Hot Stove disagree, because they like in be contrary. Alex Tran meanwhile has Leaf management back in college.
- Far Away Leaf has his list of untouchables.
- It wasn't just the Bromma Boredom making his comeback at the weekend. Step forward (a little out of breath) the Waster of Windsor!
- Nothing says fisticuffs like wearing pink. Soundtrack for the ages on this clip provided by Puck Daddy himself.
- Finally - of interest to Chemmy and only Chemmy, Boston University are at it again.
- UPDATE : Somny is at it again, Vintage Leafs.
- USCHO has the story of Matt Gilroy walking on to the #1 team in college hockey, via the Terrier Hockey Fan Blog.