It's the morning shift here on the National Affairs Desk and there's going to be a lot of ground covered today - should it live in infamy or not.
PPP and Chemmy will be working the phones, Wrap is going to be providing a sorely need element of glamour by wearing a taffeta ballgown and as ever, I shall be sliding neatly into my esteemed role as the Jimmy Olsen of the piece.
PLEASE NOTE - If you post a fanshot or write a fanpost about a trade today, please add the tag "2009 NHL Trade Deadline". If it's posted to the front page then it will be added to the SBN Deadline Hub. If it's a fanshot then it should include some analysis as well if you want it on the front page. Enjoy the day and let's see what Burke has in store. Take a deep breath and get ready for some action.
However - please do not hold that breath until 3PM Eastern.
- You know what? The hell with deadline day for a bit. Step to Steve and give praise for Jiri.
- Kimmy From The Bloc might be right - he could be the only person happy to see Avery back.
- 50 Saves? You sick? Apparently not.
- Okay, alright - that couldn't last. TSM takes on fate and goes to bed dreaming of Christmas.
- Sean at Puck Daddy has the solution to your Haloween costume issues this year.
- The scream you heard ten minutes ago was me when I read this. And subsequently this. Say it ain't so, Hot Stove!
- The Left Coast Lock will worry itself unwell if it isn't careful. Take pity.
- Bitter Leaf brings this all to a close with a reminder that whilst we may have sold a few records, woe betides us should we get slick.
- Eyebleaf hates his airport scenes.
- Actually, one more. The Captain at T.O. Sports has a cool piece to take your mind off things.