So I went to my first Marlies game tonite, and I gotta tell ya it wasn't bad at all. The Marlies won in overtime after Timmy Stapleton scored his second of the game, he also added an assist.
The Ricoh is, to say the least, small. Any seat in the house is prolly an equivalent to Air Canada Club seat at worst. It isnt a bad environment for the price of admission.
A few game notes to pass on:
- Rosehill is a nutcase
- Tim Stapleton is freakin fast
- Oreskovic and Deveaux are MASSIVE!
- Pogge wasn't overly busy, and looked shaky
- Phil Oreskovic is awesome, I really wanna see him in the NHL next year. After the game he stood by the bench to fist pump everyone and when Stapleton came he hugged him and picked him up. Everytime he came on the ice he tapped Pogge with his stick or gave him some props. After the game he went right to him. They seem to be good friends.
- I was yelling for Hollweg to "Hollweg" someone... he didn't.
- Stralman got kneed by Mike Keane, he was down for a bit but got up and came back
I think I am going to grab some playoff!!!!!!1 tickets should they clinch (syracuse was losing in the 3rd, if they lost they clinched)
I will link to some pics once I post them.