First of all, sincere congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins - Stanley Cup Champions, 2008/9.
- About last night, then. The Fanhouse, Wyshynski, Toronto Sports Media, Suite 101 and the Battle of New York have the tales of the tape as the Penguins record their third. The final words go of course, to the victorious Pensburgh and the vanquished Winging It In Motown.
- And all in all it was Pennsylvania's night, as the Hershey Bears took the Calder Cup.
- Evengi Malkin is the first Russian to win the Conn Smyth. The Fanhouse marks his achievement.
- Thanks indeed go to The Cannon, for you are now aware of the curse of Ty Conklin.
- The flipside to that of course, is the post game 5 redemption of Marc-Andre Fleury.
- Think of the words 'Marian Hossa'. Are you sympathetic or do you snigger like a recalcitrant schoolchild?
- Finally in all this revelry and courtesy of jrwendelman, meet Jackson Cooke - Ralph Wiggum made flesh.
- Right, that's enough shiny bauble chat....
- Yesterday's rumour du jour was Pronger to the Kings. Maple Leaf Hot Stove chatted on it, Puck Daddy refuted it and finally Analysis Steve brought a calm head to proceedings.
- Sticking with Steve (and proving at least some FTB correspondents appreciate his work), how about Ian Laperriere?
- Talented scoring winger, but failed motocross aficionado Dany Heatley is getting the league all hot and bothered as to his availability. Puck Daddy collates the stories doing the rounds as to his next destination (Let's see...Thrashers....senators....next logical step would be North Korea, right?)
And that's it, that's all. That's all there is.