The NHL awards are happening in Vegas baby! I'm mailing this one in, and hitting the road. As the South West PPP contingent, it's my understanding that I have a press pass for the show, an all expenses paid suite at the Luxor and $5000 spending money. At least, I'm assuming that's the limit on this card of Chemmy's I found...
In honor of the awards, all links today have nothing to do with them (and no, I'm not going to the awards. Something about the gulag's plumbing backing up...)
- Down Goes Brown takes us on a nostalgic trip to a kinder, gentler time in the NHL. Did I say gentler? I meant not gentle. And not kind. Quite frankly, it's freaking AWESOME!
- Initially, I thought Steve was finally getting around to an analysis of Dean Youngbloods career. Turns out, he's talking Leaf rookies...
- TSM catches wind of an Al Strachan trade rumor. It smells of cabbage and rotten cheese.
- Norman James hid in Mario Lemieux's bushes all day to get some shots of the Stanley Cup victory party. No, I don't think that's creepy at all.
- MYFO is giving out high fives. Here's one for head coaches!
Hockey's Future takes us on a tour of the Leafs prospect cupboards. Let's just say, we haven't been buying bulk at Costco.
The Monster visits Dallas, and the Swedish contingent pulls out all the stops.