It's Friday. I'm in love. Monday you can fall apart. Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart. Oh, Thursday doesn't even start...
So, who is waking up happy this morning? The awards have come and gone, and there really were no surprises. Funny thing about the NHL awards, compared to other awards ceremonies, I truly get the impression the players don't really give a rip. It's the cup or bust baby. Individual accolades are all fine and dandy, but given the choice, a hockey player will choose to share the Stanley Cup with his teammates over any other award, every time.
Beautiful thing, hockey...
- Wrap and Arch go all Joan and Melissa on the NHL's red carpet. Who's Joan and who's Melissa, is the question I want answered.
- TSM takes on Berger's latest rant. As the saying goes, even a broken clock is right at least twice a day. Of course, Berger is not a broken clock. Not sure what my point was...
- Coming in first for a trophy is so cliche. Honestly, been there, done that, got the t-shirt, AMIRIGHT? MYFO hands out their second annual "Lasties."
- The Far Away Leaf goes all gypsy fortune teller on us, and gives us 5 predictions. Maybe. I know for a fact the 5th one is a sure thing. I can FEEL it.
- Norman James is waiting for Burke to light the dynamite. Or sell ketchup popsicles. Whichever comes first.
- Sleza is a fan of visor wearing Euros. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
- MLHS busts out the abacus and figures out the Sedin's cap hit. Plus, they've got a major case of the giggles over the whole thing.
- Hockey's Ladies of Greatness give us a sneak peek in to Evgeni Malkin's diary. In a word, machismo.
- Under the Helmet has a look at how some former Leafs stacked up in the playoffs. Hal Gill ends up standing tall (both literally and figuratively)
- The Slap Shot blog attended the NHL pre-show awards and gives us a few more awards to be handed out.
- Meditating on the "worst of" theme, Puck Daddy gives us all the horrible broadcasting names you can fit on the internet.
- The Hockey Spy is going all in when it comes to prospect rankings, posting overall rankings for the top 100 draft eligible prospects. Giggity.
- Lastly, because it's stuck in my head, and probably yours: Friday, I'm in Love