I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Before we get down to the links, here is someone we can add to the gallery of "Famous People In Leafs Apparel" along with Jennifer Love Hewitt and Robert Smith.
It's Dennis freaking Leary! Now, Based on my limited knowledge of Rescue Me, him in a Leafs shirt is curious but I will just roll with it. Stick tap to The Canadian for pulling this up for me. Here are your links and slide me anything I missed;
- I kinda dropped the ball on linking this, my apologies. But a bit on Mats Sundin and Pierre Page.
- Down Goes Brown kicks off a new series of Maple Leaf playoff overtime goals.
- Gossip: ridiculous trade rumors not related to the Leafs!
- A wonderful article about how Joe Sakic changed the business of hockey. It's long but give it a read.
- Wyshynski takes a look at the future of finances in the NHL. Man, I am going to get sick of typing Chris Pronger's name in relation to this story.
- SBN neighbors, well sorta, Fear the Fin is launching an Xbox Live NHL 09 Tournament. Here are all the details you need to know. Who will defend the honor of this blog? Someone of this commentariat needs to rise above!
- One of our own made the Mustache Monday post over on Casa de WAC.
Hit me with whatever I missed. Oh and unrelated but awesome; My Parents Joined Facebook. Oh technology...
UPDATE. Lunchtime powerup;
- It's being reported that former Vancouver Canuck and one time New York Ranger is the Leafs European scout. Swede power!
- Uhm I am scared to link this or type it out for fears of massive jinxing. But, someone is thinking Leafs and Playoffs!!!!1 together, in the same sentence and this season.
That's all you have for me? That was easy.