Contrary to any wild stories you may have heard, I spent yesterday contributing to a wide range of charitable foundations, teaching school children the values of road safety and nursing a sick puppy named Scraps back to health.
My thanks though to our own Moaning Millie and my rival for your FTB affections, Blurr1974 for stepping in at such sort notice, especially on what was apparently some sort of public holiday.
- If you want analysis on Sunday, you know there's only one man for the job. Dr Steve tackles the thorny issue of player turnover - help or hindrance to an organisation?
- Toronto Sports Media asks it we're better than we were a week ago, before speculating if the sporting franchises of Toronto are letting the people down. So much for the joys of summer, eh?
- What else lay behind the Leafs drafting Nasty Nazem, beyond THAT MOVE. Islamoblog looks at possible wider ramifications.
- Whatever the collective noun for dark horses is (an Armada? A Regatta?), we needs them. Maple Leaf Hot Stove likes the exhibitionist in chief for the role next year.
- Taking you back a week, Dobberhockey reviews the Leafs drafting efforts over the last five years (at least, they do halfway down the page). For completeness, the other reviews than be found here, here, here and here.
- Those Bird Watchers and their odious Georgian connections review the pickings left on the wire for the penalty killing specialists.
- Lazy days with nothing to do, all thanks to the NHL. Raw Charge asks if the off-season couldn't be paced a little better.
Safe to say, my
massive drug-fuelled bender various acts of kindness and charity have left my links reader a bit all over the place, so please feel free to link anything I've missed.