Yesterday marked a happy occasion for Leaf fans everywhere. Former Duck Francois Beauchemin signed a three year deal to ply his trade for the Leafs. In other news, squeals of joy were heard round the world at about 15:30 eastern.
Hey baybee would you like to sit on my pucks?
In other news, supposedly, today is the day Jonas Gustavsson becomes one of the greatest Swedish goalies ever, or that bum playing for Dallas. Stick around Pension Plan Puppets for instantaneous outpourings of joy/mockery. That is, if anything does happen. Having been here before with another Swede, I'm not exactly holding my breath, ya know...?
- Steve brings us up to date on the depth we suddenly find ourselves in on the blue line.
- Chris Durno an Av. The dream has died.
- MLHS does the math and counts 10 NHL ready d-men on the Leafs...
- ...and updates us on Gustavsson, the most talked about non-Leaf of the day. Or is he...?
- Furcifer remixes an old favorite, and puts a Burkian spin on the whole shabang.
- We may have the Bizarro Eklund on our hands. Check out this persons twitter feed, and let's see how well they match up to reality.
- Getting to know Leafs prospect Leo Komarov.
- The Cam Barker frenzy is over before it ever really began.
- For the low, low price of $5999, you to can own a genuine replica of the 1980 US Men's Hockey Championship Ring.
So here's the thing, Blurr is on vaycay. But still was noble enough to toss this post together before peacing out. What a gentleman. So that leaves me, Princess Wrap, in charge of FTB for the week. Aren't you all excited? I get to inflict animated gifs and my terrible music on you. Nawwww, I would never be that cruel. That's what game threads are for.
- Archi gives us the "make it rain" rundown on Beauchemin.
- Heroes in Rehab has a Beauchemin party in his...ok I'll just stop there.
- Lori of HFSS tackles the hilarity of Rob Rossi and his twitter. That sounded so scandalous.
- Can I promote myself? Is that allowed? I feel weird doing it. But yesterday was Mustache Monday...the gif in the post is priceless.
- Wallin is the one that we want, ooooh oooh ohhhh!
- Eyebleaf wants to know; Who's on your blue line? I know who I got...
- Finally, how to get a woman to like hockey. Complete with snarky commentary.
If I forgot anyone, sorry. Leave your grievances in the comments. And just a heads up; I'm writing the FTBs at 10pm my time, which is west coast.
PPP UPDATE: Greener seems to have shaken Moose's shackles once again as he puts a terrible tune in your head.