The good news is that both bids would keep the Coyotes in Phoenix. The bad news is that they can only guarantee the short-term. The NHL is willing to sell to an owner that would relocate the team and Ice Edge wants at least five games a year in Canada. This entire situation gets nuttier by the day. Mirtle mentioned yesterday that there are almost 900 court filings at this point with no real resolution in sight.
And the Leafs aren't really doing much anymore...
Here are your links:
- For a terrible team the Leafs sure have a lot of Olympians.
- Where is Mama Schenn hiding the other babies?!?!
- Furcifer has peered into his crystal ball and is ready to let us know what he saw.
- All that you wanted to know about the Leafs in the Rookie tournament.
- The Hat has a good point. If MLSE sees the writing on the wall then it makes the most sense financially for them to split time at the ACC.
- Lots of surprises in the NHL and Ice Edge bids.
- I think that this is officially getting blown out of proportion. Burke previously wanted to attend the funeral of Jonas Gustavsson's mother but was told not to attend so he didn't. I wouldn't be shocked if the same thing took place.
- Alex Tran notes that Jiri Tlusty's point totals in the AHL puts him in some good company.
- Hey look! It's a joke about the Leafs scoring!
- Could the IIHF's Hudler ruling increase the Red Wings' salary cap problems?
- What a surprise: Saturday October 24th will see the Canucks sport their third jersey on Hockey Night in Canada.
If I missed any toss them in the comments.
- Bozak and Gustavsson were hosted by Upper Deck and Burke gave The Monster some good advice.
- Ron Guillet cuts down a baseless rumour and gets excited about another one.
- Tony Ambrogio has more on the Upper Deck event.
- Peter Morrow gets the skinny from Alec Brownscombe about the Maple Leafs Annual.
- What a coincidence! Hockey rumours existed before evil blogs started making them up. Maybe the MSM are just as complicit. Nah, they're 'professionals'.
- Pal Hal Pall makes some bad wishes. Remember to thank him for Battle of the Blades.
- The Other Vatican has more haikus.