After watching the game last night, I had one thought: So that's what a good GM does. Years of ineptitude, which is far more painful to watch than mediocrity, had me convinced GM's just were not that important. I was happy Burke signed on, but seeing as how Cliff didn't do much but change the faces of the team, I didn't think good ol' BB was going to fair much better. I was wrong.
Seems like the rest of the Barilkosphere had a thought or two as well.
- First, the Truthulence speaks a word about truculence.
- Steve from Hockey Talk is thinking some of the blue on the Leafs unis might be left on the opposing team, in the form of bruises. Truculence!
- TSM likes what he saw from the new kids. And the truculence.
- MLHS has quite a few thoughts as well. In summary, Bozak - good. Allison -bad. Beauchemin and Frogren - truculence.
- The Hockey-Bums makes note of the fact that Garnet Exelby (it's XLB gang...) did what he was brought here to do. Truculence!
- The Two Line pass has some photographic proof of the skills of one Viktor Stalberg and notes losses like this can be fun to watch. Thanks to the truculence.
- John Mitchell is the reason Jonas Gustavsson signed with the Leafs. He's also been known to show some mother(expletive deleted) truculence.
- Branching out, here's a completely unbiased opinion on the Leafs opposition to the Hamilton Coyotes. Tr....no, that's not it, more like "meh."
- Finally, hair tips, from Kerry Fraser (with a glove tap to mf37 for the link) and not an ounce of truculence to be found.
- The Zambonic Youth's Godd Till is a hep cat, and he's got a few words for us senior citizens. One of them better be "truculence."
- The Hungry Leafs Fan was at the game last night. Do not adjust your TV set, these Leafs really were the personification of truculence.
- HockeyCentric wonders where Tlusty was last night