I was watching Adventureland last night and in between humming along to some great tunes and realizing that Kristin Stewart was that same gal from Twilight, I drifted to thoughts of hockey. Suffice to say, the movie was not all that great (the soundtrack was pretty killer though...)
The summer's almost over and training camps open in less than two weeks time. Can you smell it...?
- Dr. Steve lets us in on Brian Burke's top 6 d-men.
- Sticking with the number 6, Leaf and Lion takes a crack at what the top 6 forward lines may look like.
- Vintage Leafs has more great pics, including my favorite #10 and a better wearer of #1 than the previous individual.
- MLHS takes us through a few Burkian notes and gives us their thoughts. I'm a firm believer in Burke's assessment of Ponikarovsky.
- No longer content with playing for money, Jason Allison now admits his heart is in the game. Hockey Bums has the latest.
- The Strangest One wonders what the point of the Euro-Can Cup is, and if it's really worth it in the first place.
- As the saying goes: If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. Or, better yet, to paraphrase a bard named Bill, something is rotten in the NHLPA offices.
- Remember when Tucker hit Janssen over the head with a helmet? Good times.
- Ol' Pirate Face talks about the NHLPA firing.
- Bitter Leaf wonders just what kind of competition there will be at training camp.