ARE YOU READY FOR SOME HOCKEY?!? I KNOW I AM. I'M HAVING TROUBLE CONTROLLING THE SOUND..err, I'm having trouble controlling the sound of my voice, that is. Man oh man I am SO excited!
I got my jersey over a sweet new Leafs tee, my Leafs hat is on. i'm rocking my Leafs flip-flops, wearing Leafs boxers and I'm typing while wearing my Leafs foam finger.
Do you have any idea how long it took to type this wearing that thing?
So, all things considered, I think I'm just about ready. I've been a good boy (mostly) this summer, and it sure seems like Burkie Claus got just about everything on my wish list. Ready or not, hockey's almost here...
- Kicking things off are a few season previews. Down Goes Brown gives us his own take on the Atlantic and Southeast divisions, while the Zambonic Youth continues their season preview, spreading a message of love to the Adams division. Alternately, Crash the Crease gives us a pre-season wrap up, and takes a look at the folks who impressed and then the rest. Also, Hockey's Future takes a look at the Marlies upcoming season, and finally answers the question: "Who the F@#$ is Tim Brent?"
- Speaking of previews, for some odd reason, eyebleaf is having a guest over to preview the upcoming Habs season. Sadly, the individual appears to be rational and forward thinking, therefor leading me to believe, he actually does not exist.
- Questions, curiosity and excitement all seem to be applicable to the Leafs' opening night roster. Dr. Steve keeps his review short and sweet. The Muppet of BoO has a quick review of his own. TSM notes that although the opening night roster is no longer in doubt, questions remain on what to do when Phil Kessel returns. Norman James is asking "Where's Tyler Bozak?" while the Illegal Curve takes a look at the names and you'll never guess what question they ask. MLHS highlights one guy in particular and wonders if his preseason can carry over.
- It's a new season, which means new predictions. Last year even the home crowd thought things were dour, so much so that the word "tank" was used quite often in regards to how the season should play out. Toronto Futility wonders how Leaf fans reconcile themselves from wanting to lose, to PLAYOFFS!!!1 dreams? TSM has their own prediction, and it ain't PLAYOFFS!!!1 at all.
- Before he even puts his skates on the ACC in a Leafs uni, TrucuLeafs are wondering if Brian Burke made a mistake in the Phil Kessel deal.
- A few of us (OK, me in particular...) were not big fans of the Mike Komisarek signing when it occurred. Personally, I knew I'd come around eventually. If you're still not sold on the big guy, you'll find that things like this make it all feel better. Well, that, and this.
- With televised regular season games finally around the corner, Puck the Media has a few suggestions to improve coverage for both sides of the border.
- Finally, for no reason at all, how to teach an old dog new tricks. Step one: Leafs paraphernalia.
- A month of truculence ends
- RobOuttaSoCal finishes up his Month of Truculence one day before the season opener. Interesting coincidence or CIA conspiracy? Check out his favorite Leafs fights and decide for yourself.