Monday morning is my least favourite morning of the week, so I thought I'd present you all with a lovely breakfast to consume while you enjoy today's reading material.
- First up today, PuckDrawn thinks the Leafs need a new look. He's currently running a competition for the Anaheim Ducks, but assures us he'll have rules and an opening date for the Leafs' competition soon.
- Your grandfather probably can relate to our Leafs Angst, as Gabe tells us that while the Leafs were awesome in the 60's, the 50's weren't so rosey. My grandfather lived and died by the Leafs, I'm sure if he was still around he'd have some great advice for all of us. Probably along the lines of: "Pass da tumbler over der on da slab!"
- Last week Brian Burke assured us that he wouldn't ask Tomas Kaberle to waive his NTC. But Down Goes Brown found some signs that Tomas may be ready to waive it anyways.
- Alex Tran has the Naz Tracker up and running.
- Toronto Sports Media takes on Mike Zeisberger and other Toronto sports writers. He's looking forward to the Blue Jays' season starting.
- Did ya know the Leafs are Coach Killers? Not in the way you think, however.
- In the same tone (negative), The Hockey News thinks the Kessel trade looks bad so far. I'm not sure how anyone finds anything new to say about this trade when the picks haven't been used, but I suppose this dead horse will keep being dragged out of the barn for a beating until the Leafs manage to turn this thing around.
- In another trade that maybe ain't looking so good: Alex Steen is ripping it up. The apocalypse is nigh.
- If you made it through those articles, you might need a little therapy. Here's an interesting article from RockatSoCal about the benefits of Retail Therapy. Woo, someone tell my husband!