Jesus H. Christ.
Now, I'm a big believer in that old "It's always the darkest just before dawn" doctrine, but this really takes the biscuit. And the cup of coffee it came with. And the table you're drinking it off. And probably your pants too. I haven't been this depressed since the last time I caught sight of myself naked in a mirror.
The weekend desk isn't one for getting all biblical very often but as PPP says in his review, when that shorty went in, you just knew, didn't you? It was preordained. And all with the leering visage of Raycroft in goal too. Look at that picture to the right. Are you seriously telling me that there was NO-ONE with a Molotov cocktail and a decent throwing arm in the ACC last night? Justice takes many forms, but there is no justice like angry mob justice.
Hey ho. Same time again, Tuesday night? New Jersey again, you say? And then again on Friday? Looks like we chose the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
Source tells me "major changes" coming today for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
DarrenDreger, via Twitter at 08:53 EST.
While details are few, sources say the Toronto Maple Leafs are on the verge of completing at least one trade today that will be viewed as a "major change."
Specifics as to whether the deal will be for an upgrade in goal, or for offensive help, weren't provided, however this deal and potentially others are very close to being completed.
When asked if these "major changes" were imminent, the source replied, "they should start happening today."
DarrenDreger on TSN
- "Three Nil up and we fucked it up, Toronto is our name". Hardcore masocists among you will revel in the sorry stories of Space Weed, The Hockey News, Under The Helmet of Slava Duris and Nucks Misconduct.
- And in news we've typed/heard all too often, Marlies lose 2 - 0 to Rochester.
- Part of the problem of living so far away is that one is occasionally unsure if some stories are intended to be serious or not. Puckdrawn falls into that category neatly today, with suggested Leafs rebranding.
- Maple Leaf Hot Stove talks Tomas and goaltending.
- TML Fan Fury has a Kaberle post too, speculating if now is the time to waive and wave goodbye.
- A handy point/counterpoint on the CBA, provided by Kuklas (with specific reference to Kovalchuk) and Suite 101.
- Some days we all need a picture to make us smile - Toronto Mike comes up with the goods today.
- Rounding things off, Torontoist and recession busting real estate development, 1930's style.
The FTB would like to remind its readers that it is always Happy Hour somewhere in the world - no matter what time you read this. Your first strawberry daiquiri is on me today.