It's Monday morning which means two things: that it's time to head to the polls and vote in the Fan Confidence Poll. Last week's tally was 73 which gives us a run of 64-68-66-60-61-66-73 since the inception of the poll. I imagine that spirits are pretty high so this is a reminder that what we're trying to track is your thoughts on the following:
How likely are the Leafs to make the playoffs?
So what happened over the past week?
- 1967ers announced this year's Leaf of the Day tribute team: the 1930s and 1940s Maple Leafs starting with Bud Poile.
- The Leafs continued their hot streak in Pittsburgh where they held on to a 4-3 win despite being mostly outplayed. Three wins in a row to start the season proved to be too much to take for some people.
- Chemmy trolled Habs fans pretty hard and they fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Only one was able to point out that the 'streak' only encompassed two starts.
- SkinnyFish looked at the league by the numbers which made for a fun day of arguing over the semantics of calling professional athletes 'fat'.*
- One of the important season series for the Leafs will be against the Rangers. Steve set the stage for the trio of early season meetings.
- The Leafs took a read and decided that it made sense for them to keep up their winning ways. Of course, we all should continue to enjoy our run while maintaining a level head.