It's Monday morning which means two things: that it's time to head to the polls and vote in the Fan Confidence Poll. Last week's tally was 77 which gives us a run of 64-68-66-60-61-66-73-77 since the inception of the poll. While the last vote came on the heel of four straight wins, this installment has seen two regulation losses and one overtime loss. This is a reminder that what we're trying to track is your thoughts on the following:
How likely are the Leafs to make the playoffs?
So what happened over the past week?
- The New York Islanders strolled into the ACC and ended the Leafs' winning streak behind Dwayne Roloson's fantastic 30 save performance.
- Steve looked at which players on the Leafs were driving the team's offensive performances.
- The New York Rangers did a masterful job shutting down the Maple Leafs' offence and came away with a 2-1 win.
- The week ended with a terrifyingly bad performance in Philadelphia as they fell 5-2 and began raising some familiar questions.
- There were bright spots to the week: we started answering Damien Cox's mailbag with both more verve and more information. The rule change answer in the latest is only surpassed by (heh, sex).
So that is the week that was. Vote in the top left hand side of the front-page and then explain your rationale. If you're lurking, this is a great spot to come into the light.