It's Monday morning which means that it's time to head to the polls and vote in the Fan Confidence Poll. Last week's tally was 61 which gives us a run of 64-68-66-60-61 since the inception of the poll. A reminder that what we're trying to track is your thoughts on the following: How likely are the Leafs to make the playoffs?
The last week around these parts:
- The week started off with Nazem Kadri being written off as a flop by all Maple Leafs fans. Or at least that's what one mittenstringer would have us believe. Chemmy disagreed vehemently.
- The pre-season continued as the Leafs beat the Sabres 5-4 to avenge last week's 3-1 loss.
- Noted Maple Leafs flop Nazem Kadri led the Leafs with two goals and an assist as they overcame the Ottawa Senators 4-3.
- Chemmy reminded himself that when Tomas Kaberle makes cross-ice passes like you wouldn't believe that a lot of good things can happen.
- There was a minor speed bump as the Red Wings, looking primed for contention, ripped poor Jussi Rynnas and the Leafs to shreds.
- The good news about the loss? There is a lot that Rynnas can work on.
- We added a Facebook page. You should all join it now.
- The pre-season ended on a good note as the Maple Leafs beat the Griffins 4-2. Also, funeral services for Justin Abdelkader will be held this week.
- Steve took a look at the month to come for the Leafs and tried to predict how they will do.
The Leafs went 3-1-0 as they made their way towards the final cuts. The pre-season ends with 6 real wins (Kessel's overtime winner counted in my reality) and 3 baloney losses. With that week behind the team how do you feel about their chances to make the playoffs? Why did you vote the way that you did? This is a good spot for any lurkers to jump in.