It's Monday morning which means two things: that it's time to head to the polls and vote in the Fan Confidence Poll. Last week's tally was 42 which gives us a run of 64-68-66-60-61-66-73-77-64-53-42 since the inception of the poll. We're setting new lows weekly in this poll.. The Leafs week saw them go 0-3-0 with mental errors costing them some points.
This is a reminder that what we're trying to track is your thoughts on the following:
How likely are the Leafs to make the playoffs?
So what happened over the past week?
- Dan Ellis might have 99 problems but the Leafs certainly are not one of them. He led the Lightning to a 4-0 win over the Maple Leafs.
- Kris Versteeg's poor year was not helped by a pretty glaring defensive error that led to a goal.
- 1967ers remembered the late Eddie Litzenberger and recalled one of the club's great men Syl Apps and his contribution to the war effort.
- The Leafs lost to the Panthers 4-1 Wednesday night. Does it happen if no one writes about it here? Judging by the NHL standings it does. Dammit.
- SkinnyFish took a look at the outcome of shoots versus dekes in the shootout this year. He'll be tracking this so far. Early returns: Deke.
- Nazem Kadri made his season debut on Hockey Night in Canada against the Canucks. The Leafs actually played a pretty good game but they still lost. Reminds me of a Spanish sports saying: Jugaron como nunca pero perdieron como siempre. "They played like never before but lost like always." I might trademark that for these buds.
So that is the week that was. Vote in the top left hand side of the front-page and then explain your rationale. If you're lurking, this is a great spot to come into the light.