It's Monday morning which means two things: that it's time to head to the polls and vote in the Fan Confidence Poll. Last week's tally was 39 which gives us a run of 64-68-66-60-61-66-73-77-64-53-42-39 since the inception of the poll. We're setting new lows weekly in this poll but I feel an uptick coming. The Leafs' week was not a disaster which is a nice change of pace. We saw them go 2-1-0 with wins over the Devils and Predators before a pair of mental errors in Montreal cost them a shot at a perfect week.
This is a reminder that what we're trying to track is your thoughts on the following:
How likely are the Leafs to make the playoffs?
So what happened over the past week?
- The Toronto Maple Leafs' family lost a respected member as Pat Burns succumbed to cancer. Tributes were aplenty including from fans of every team he coached.
- We launched our partnership with TiqIQ.
- The week proper began with the Leafs breaking their 108 game losing streak with a stunning come from behind win over the Nashville Predators. The Leafs' powerplay was the difference as they potted four second period goals.
- Miracle of miracles! The Leafs won a second straight game. Sure, it was against the struggling New Jersey Devils but wins are wins.
- Unfortunately, the run came to an end when they couldn't find a way to get past Carey Price. Two glaring defensive errors led to a 2-0 loss against the Canadiens.
- Tyler Dellow, the breaker of the Colin Campbell e-mails story, unearthed a possible Maple Leafs angle.
So that is the week that was. Vote in the top left hand side of the front-page and then explain your rationale. If you're lurking, this is a great spot to come into the light.