It's Monday morning which means two things: that it's time to head to the polls and vote in the Fan Confidence Poll. Last week's tally was 50 which gives us a run of 64-68-66-60-61-66-73-77-64-53-42-39-52-32-46-50 since the inception of the poll. The Leafs' West Coast Waffle week looked like it had some potential since they would be facing two fellow bottom 10 teams. Unfortunately, the trip of MLG Wests had to end in Vancouver. The Leafs racked up a 1-2-0 record to leave them within touching distance of getting out of the lottery.
This is a reminder that what we're trying to track is your thoughts on the following and not on whatever question you wish we were tracking:
How likely are the Leafs to make the playoffs?
So what happened over the past week?
- The Leafs travelled to Edmonton and proved their way of rebuilding was the best! Or at least that would have been the lesson if writers were as lacking in imagination as they were the week before.
- Dion Phaneuf returned to some place that he had played before. I guess it was kind of a big deal.
- Travelling to Calgary was not as fruitful as a tepid effort and Jean-Sebastien Giguere's injury saw the Leafs fall 5-2 to the Flames.
- That game featured a troubling trend: multiple goals in under three minutes. Not surprisingly, those tend to cost the Leafs the game.
- The Saturday night 4pm PST start against Vancouver gave the Left Coast their yearly opportunity to whine about all things Toronto. You'd think they'd be more worried about their Stanley Cup chances but when you have small man syndrome you can never get out of the big boy's shadow.
- MF37 took a look at where the Leafs' current playoff drought stands vis-a-vis other franchise's worst droughts. We're rocketing to the top!
So that is the week that was. Vote in the top left hand side of the front-page and then explain your rationale. If you're lurking, this is a great spot to come into the light.