Officially now the best of rest: Finland! The Suomi struck back from their horror show against the USA, defeating the Slovakians 5 - 3 to take the bronze. A really good game, played by two teams who actually wanted to win (often an issue with the 3rd/4th playoff) - decided by two goals from lunatic-faced manchild, Oll Jokinen. Nik Hagman, latterly of this parish, potted one too. For the Slovaks, the amazing goals and bionic groins of Marian Gaborik simply weren't enough. That makes it five Olympic hockey medals for the Finns in the last seven games - not a bad return at all.
But enough of such banter, let's get stinkin' linkin'...
- Mirtle picks his Olympic All Stars.
- Behind The Net serves up a nice one/two step - the revised odds on winning Olympic gold and the battle 'twix Miller and Luongo.
- Puck Daddy reports that Team USA thought they would already be on their way home, whilst Toronto Mike has nothing but sweet, tasty revenge on his mind.
- NHL.com reports on the (presumably temporary) change in Ron Wilson's disposition, Wyshynski returns with the end of the road for Teemu Selanne and In Lou We Trust tells the tale of the forgotten miracle.
- Taking a look Leafward....Down Goes Brown has his plan of action for the forthcoming days.
- Maple Leaf Hot Stove has some deadline day thoughts as does Vintage Leaf Memories.
- Christian and Vikto are back in the big time.
- Under The Helmet of Slava Duris reminds us of the Leaf scoring tables as they stand.
- NHL.com features 11 to keep ones eye on down the home stretch and The Hockey News reports on the AHL as it enters the last quarter of the season.
- A little light reading to finish off today, Suite 101 with the story of Tom Glavine - almost an NHL'er.