The five reason I love hockey are:
1) Speed. No team sport has the speed that hockey does. Football, basketball and soccer cannot compare to the way hockey is played
2) Rivalry. We all still see it, everytime WJC or Olympics or Canada/USA comes up a GIF gets thrown up in a thread. The Canada/Russia rivalry goes back 30 years and everytime Canada and Russia or Canada and USA play, its national pride on the line.
3) Street hockey/shinny As a kid there was nothing better than coming home from school and pulling my net out of my garage and start shooting at the net. The other neighbourhood kids would come out and as per usual an impromptu game of pick up ensued
4) Playoffs. The Stanley Cup playoffs are, in my opinion, the hardest cup to win. 82 game season then 4 best of 7 series to win "the cup". There is just something about watching those series' regardless of who is playing and getting into it.
5) Being at the game. If you asked me my first game, I couldn't tell ya. I think it was against the Jets, and I think the Leafs lost. However, going to watch a game, especially living in Toronto, is somewhat of a big deal. I cherish every time I can go and yell GO LEAFS GO and cheer on my team.