1) The Stanley Cup Champion - Every year we get a reminder of why we all love hockey so much and a reminder that you can be successful playing this game in a number of ways. Not everyone on a team has to be a scorer, not everyone on a team has to be a penalty killer. If you look back at the post-lockout Stanley Cup Champions, we have 4 different teams that have one with a different style. Carolina = Speed, Anaheim = Toughness, Detroit = Style/Finesse, Pittsburgh = Heart. I love hockey because there is no set system of winning.
2) EA Sports and NHL 10 - Has there been a better video game series ever that the NHL series? Hockey not only brought us the best sport in the world but also the best video game!
3) Glove Saves - Well not only glove saves, but all big saves by a goalie. Players and Teams work for 60 minutes to put a little puck into a big net. Chances can be rare, and to see a player get robed of a sure goal... brilliant. I love hockey for this.
4) Puck Bunnies - Yep, we have em here in Australia too!
5) The Fans - We get bombarded with all types of sports and cultures here in Australia. The English bring their football (soccer), Aussie's love cricket/rugby/aussie rules, Americans bring their baseball. Those are sports that are loved and cherished in their countries. I've seen it all and I can say for sure, Canadian hockey fans are the most passionate fans in the world! I love the fact that people don't need an excuse to talk about hockey, they just want to. I love hockey for reaching the hearts of the people.
Okay, well that's enough emotion for me today... :p