Here are the lineups, as per James Mirtle's article:
Leafs projected lineup
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin
Frattin - Connolly - Armstrong
Steckel - Dupuis - Crabb
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Schenn
Liles - Franson
'Canes projected lineup (based on last game)
Dwyer - Staal - Tlusty
Ponikarovsky - Ruutu - Jokinen
LaRose - Sutter - Nodl
Bowman - Brent - Stewart
Gleason - McBain
Faulk - Spacek
Allen - Joslin
- Jeff Skinner is out with "flu-like symptoms". What a faker.
- Kirk Muller only has one win in seven games with his new team.
- In the above-linked article, James Mirtle points out that Keith Aulie is once again sitting. Sense, this does not make.
- There's plenty of preview video available via the Leafs' webiste.
- Given that the 'Canes beat the Leafs last time, there's no way that the Leafs can be excused for dropping two points in this one. Good teams have to take advantage of games against weaker teams, especially when their second-best player is out, their coach just got canned, and their defence looks like a pile of... something ugly.
WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN!