I followed this game on Twitter so I am going to share my impressions and then you lot can fill in the blanks:
- James Reimer is starting? Guess the Leafs are developing youth again.
- Oh look, Jay Rosehill is pummelling Tim Gleason. Hope his knuckles aren't too bruised Video Below.
- The Means of Production gives the Leafs the lead as Clarke MacArthur scores on a long range shot. This is basically a macro now. 1-0 Leafs.
- James Reimer takes a penalty in order to challenge himself.
- Mike Brown's new contract starts to pay off as Tim Brent does his best Mike Brown impression. Video Below.
- Joni Pitkanen stinks. By contrast, Darryl Boyce is a wonderful human being. 2-0 Leafs.
- James Reimer keeps stoning the Hurricanes because he thinks Toronto's a pretty great hockey market, thank you very much Eric Staal.
- Oh, Cam Ward made a big save on Tim Brent? That's because Brent's a good kid and didn't want to embarrass Staal for making a terrible 1st overall pick.
- Kris Versteeg feels no such compunction. Audi pots a third and his car is safe for one more night. 3-0 Leafs.
- Was the shutout ever in doubt? Of course not. Optimus Reim racks up the first of what will hopefully be many shutouts with a 27 save performance.
- Revenge is best served via flying fists and a comprehensive victory.
Jay Rosehill has an itch on his fists and needs to scratch it on Tim Gleason's face.
Tim Brent has big brass ones.