FanPost

Two different fans and two different viewpoints.

I am a FLYER fan,.. and I am a respecter of talent and other players of other teams. I am a respecter of oter Organizations as well, (I. E. I am a respecter of Brodeur and a respecter of the Bruins Organization ) Despite the fact that Marty has Burned The FLYERS for many years he still is one of the best goalies in the history of the NHL. The Bruins have not won a Stanley Cup recently but they are an Original six Team, players like, Terry Simpson, Espo, Bobby Orr and those teams in the 1970's were Dominate and I can respect that.

I love the FLYERS vs Maple Leafs Games because Its a Great Rivalry and I am a respecter of the Maple Leaf Organization. (Just who the hell is Al Strachan ?! as Ed Snider yelled !) When John LeClair was called for a penalty and the Maple Leafs eliminated the FLYERS in the Playoffs, that was intense ! When JR scored in OT to Eliminate the Maple Leafs, that also was intense ! But you can respect the talent .

Are other FLYER fans this way or is it just me?

I posted a post about Simon Gagne in the open and one timing a shot that 99% of the time he would have buried but Braydon Holtby went from post to post and wacked it out of mid air with his stick. It was the play of the day on NHL Network. A true Beauty to see. Now Mind you allot of FLYERS fans in philadelphia where I am from are not yet over the Gagne Trade (myself Included). but, .. all things being.. it was a beautiful save. I posted the same post on FTB in here and did not get as much HEAT as I did in the FLYERS BSH site on the OTF post.

Here is the copy of the posts Below...

OTF .. Gagne Lovers .. You gotta check out this

Last Night, Wide open net and HOLTBY Denies him ! AHL Goalie with only 9 NHL games !

FLYERROB ! YOU STAY AWESOME FLYERS FANS ! www.naawayland.com Robert Wilson - I JUST GOT MARRIED !!!!

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 5:46 AM PST reply actions

Why would a Flyer fan enjoy that?

The Daily Forehand -- SB Nation's Tennis Destination.
Broad Street Hockey.

by Ben Rothenberg on Mar 8, 2011 5:52 AM PST up reply actions

It wasnt meant as a FLYER fan to enjoy.

First its respecting the Talented Save by Holtby. (He is an AHL’er)

Second – Its typical Gagne – In the Open with a Wide Open Net and able to do the One Timer.

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 5:54 AM PST up reply actions

Sounds more like Carter to me.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 5:55 AM PST up reply actions

Typical Gagne

Sorry, but thisthis, and this all pop in to my head when I think about Gagne. Maybe it’s just me.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 6:05 AM PST up reply actions

No – (deep breath) .. (relax) .. I mean typical Gagne .. Talented ..

Just like what you put up.

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 6:07 AM PST up reply actions

Sorry, that read as sarcastic after you post a video of him getting stoned. If that’s not what you meant, my bad.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 6:09 AM PST up reply actions

Not funny.

By the way, were you laughing this hard when the same kid beat us 3-2 in overtime on November 7th? Because that was only his 2nd NHL game!

by DragonGirl0583 on Mar 8, 2011 5:54 AM PST up reply actions

No I wasnt laughing – I was actually Burned and ticked off. But this is not the FLYERS – This is Tampa and Washington – I can be objective, Be a respecter of Talent. … and you have to admit, that was a talented save on a very talented scoring chance.

Washington has 3 young talented Goalies in Varlamov, Neuvirth, and Holtby

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 5:57 AM PST up reply actions

But he stoned us plenty of times in that 2nd NHL game, his first NHL start.

And you were laughing, you were laughing at us, the people that are still fans of Gagne. Your title was a dig at us.

by DragonGirl0583 on Mar 8, 2011 6:00 AM PST up reply actions

Breathe…

BOILER UP!! 2010-2011

"You can commit no mistake and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

by EREX21 on Mar 8, 2011 6:00 AM PST up reply actions

I’m fine. It’s just a matter of him saying that and then pretending he wasn’t laughing, so I’m just pointing out where the offense was made since he obviously didn’t get which part I was responding to.

by DragonGirl0583 on Mar 8, 2011 6:03 AM PST up reply actions

Where was the Laughing or the LOL or the LMBO ?

It is a respecter of talent.

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 6:05 AM PST up reply actions

OTF .. Gagne Lovers .. You gotta check out this

Then a video of him getting stoned. Then:

Not sure how you don’t know you took a jab at Gagne fans. Be happy Kat isn’t here to go ballistic.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 6:07 AM PST up reply actions

She will be.

BOILER UP!! 2010-2011

by EREX21 on Mar 8, 2011 6:09 AM PST up reply actions

I read this like Yoda’s warning in the Jedi Temple. “You will be…you…will..be”

Flyers Fans: We've survived Lock-outs, Lindros and Cooperalls. If you want to get rid of us, you'll have to split an atom or two.

by KreiderDesigns on Mar 8, 2011 6:10 AM PST up reply actions

This is kind of what I am expecting out of Kat...

BOILER UP!! 2010-2011

by EREX21 on Mar 8, 2011 6:13 AM PST up reply actions

Am I the only one that read the second thing I block quoted as sarcasm after he posted a video of him getting stoned? I should stick to your literal reading suggestions.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 6:10 AM PST up reply actions

It’s ironic, I am a very sarcastic person. So much so that it get’s me in trouble.

But when it comes to reading things online, I try to take them more literally since I really have no way of judging someone’s intent when they aren’t face to face.

BOILER UP!! 2010-2011

by EREX21 on Mar 8, 2011 6:15 AM PST up reply actions

It’s especially hard with people you don’t know. Like I’ve hung out with Don, Travis and Geoff outside of here so I kind of have a feel when they’re being sarcastic or just being a dick (45% of the time, 30% of the time, 89% of the time, respectively.)

by KreiderDesigns on Mar 8, 2011 6:17 AM PST up reply actions

It just seemed to not imply any talent…show a video of Gagne getting stoned on a wide open one timer, then that statement…just seemed to completely conflicting.

So I took it as either conflicting, or he had no idea what he implied to people with his first post.

Turns out it was the latter.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 6:20 AM PST up reply actions

I would give him the benefit of the doubt if he had said that in any of his explanations but he seems to have meant it legitimately.

by KreiderDesigns on Mar 8, 2011 6:15 AM PST up reply actions

OTF .. On The Fly .. (Not Laughing) .. You gotta check this out (Not laughing meaning, wow look at the wide open Gagne and this rookie goalie stopping him)

Second – Typical Gagne – In the wide open with a wide open net and able to do the one timer (Not Laughing again – Respecting Gagne’s talents)

There is nothing to own up to.

I LOVE SIMON GAGNE !

Calm down people. dont get your panties in a bunch !

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 6:10 AM PST up reply actions

Gagne lovers to video of him getting stoned….seriously…yuo don’t see the connection people are making to read it as a jab?

I honestly can’t see how anyone wouldn’t.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 6:11 AM PST up reply actions

NO SORRY – I DONT. EVEN THE BEST GET STOPPED.

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 6:12 AM PST up reply actions

This. I don’t see any respectful words in there. I’m not upset about it, I’m just calling it for what it is.

Lightning strikes once, Hextall strikes twice!

by hintzy64 on Mar 8, 2011 7:11 AM PST up reply actions

No, “Hey guys Holtby made an awesome save last night” is a respect of talent.

“OTF .. Gagne Lovers .. You gotta check out this” Is a nasty dig at people who are fans of his. Take a dig at me, fine, but don’t then pretend you didn’t say it when it’s still clearly sitting there.

by DragonGirl0583 on Mar 8, 2011 6:08 AM PST up reply actions

You Know…

SORRY you took it the wrong way.

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 6:11 AM PST up reply actions

Okay, fine. I’m glad you didn’t mean it that way.

by DragonGirl0583 on Mar 8, 2011 6:13 AM PST up reply actions

Yeah, it read as a pretty clear stab there. Not sure how he can say it wasn’t. I mean it’s fine if that’s what you want to do, just own up to it, don’t back track.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 6:05 AM PST up reply actions

Nothing to own up to. It was a respecter of a talented save from an up and coming goalie on a Team Canada Gold Medal Winning Player who I miss with the FLYERS.

It is what it is. Do not tell me what I “Meant” to do.

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 6:20 AM PST up reply actions

When everybody takes your comment the same way, I’m pretty sure it’s time to get your heels out of the sand and admit that you took a stab.

For me, it was the “AHL goalie with only 9 NHL games!”

But if you want to keep back tracking and doing it poorly, by all means. We can continue the public flogging as long as you want.

Man-crushin' on Boucher since 1999 and Matt Calvert since May 2010
Broad Street Hockey - Makin' it look mean since 1967.
SB Nation Philly - Associate Editor

by Geoff Detweiler on Mar 8, 2011 6:21 AM PST up reply actions

See yeah, there is so much in there that reads like a stab. I mean I’m fine believing it wasn’t, but then you just have to think a bit before posting it next time.

To be fair, I think Rob is just far more polite than most on here, so he doesn’t see the stabs in his comments. That’s at least how his explanation reads.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 6:23 AM PST up reply actions

Do you guys know what Mens Rea and Actus Reas is ?

The Mental Cupability and the actual Act of something.

NO – YOU TOOK IT THE WRONG WAY. I had No Mens Rea or Mental Act of taking a STAB at Simone Gagne. – Just freakin Chill

Even the best players get saves on them.

Thats what it was meant to be. Look here is a proven Gold Medal Winner that would have 99% of the time Buried that shot. but WOW what a post to post one time wack of a stick to stop it.

Its the “were not worthy” WOW what a save look at it.

SO.. Do not tell me what was my intention in my head ..

SO.. Do not tell me what was my intention in my head ..GOD You people can be so dang sensitive.Just CHILL.

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 6:25 AM PST up reply actions

And as far as your last 3 lines go, you need to repeat those to yourself on here at times.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 6:27 AM PST up reply actions

Actually I dont know why it repeated 3 times. I only typed that sentence once.

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 7:00 AM PST up reply actions

The you need to tell BSH or your computer to calm down haha.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 7:03 AM PST up reply actions

I actually need a person who knows APPLE Mac book pro to help run a debugger. I think I got a bug on here.

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 7:19 AM PST up reply actions

I know what Mens Rea is because of Legally Blonde!

You realize Mens Rea only matters depending on the crime, right?

And there are different standards by which culpability is determined. Like purposefully, knowingly, recklessly, and negligently.

So you can claim innocence because you lacked the requisite mens rea for a purposeful crime, but you’re guilty of at least reckless and negligently, if not also knowingly.

Law professor bounces ball back ..

Law professor bounces ball back .. IN YOUR Court.

Law professor bounces ball back .. IN YOUR Court. Your MOVE.

Man-crushin' on Boucher since 1999 and Matt Calvert since May 2010
Broad Street Hockey - Makin' it look mean since 1967.
SB Nation Philly - Associate Editor

by Geoff Detweiler on 268" class="tz-convert">Mar 8, 2011 6:30 AM PST up reply actions

89% of the time, like I said.

by KreiderDesigns on Mar 8, 2011 6:31 AM PST up reply actions

I don’t follow

Man-crushin' on Boucher since 1999 and Matt Calvert since May 2010
Broad Street Hockey - Makin' it look mean since 1967.
SB Nation Philly - Associate Editor

by Geoff Detweiler on Mar 8, 2011 6:31 AM PST up reply actions

Referring to you being sarcastic or a dick…you are 89% of the time according to Shaun.

by DLJr on Mar 8, 2011 6:33 AM PST up reply actions

Read my comment above.

by KreiderDesigns on Mar 8, 2011 6:33 AM PST up reply actions

Ah. Yup. 89% of the time is accurate.

Man-crushin' on Boucher since 1999 and Matt Calvert since May 2010
Broad Street Hockey - Makin' it look mean since 1967.
SB Nation Philly - Associate Editor

by Geoff Detweiler on Mar 8, 2011 6:34 AM PST up replyactions

Well the fact that your all ACCUSING ME OF SOMETHING .. that in your opinion is implied criminal, yes thats why I brought this up to show that I did not intend to upset the natives with the fact that Gagne was the person who was robbed by the goalie. Heck if it was Iginla or if it was Richards or if it was Crosby I would have said the same thing “WOW what a save !” and one I like, one I love, and one I hate.

Like my Criminology professor said Dr Personeus said in Germany, if you have a mental act of committing a crime but you dont commit it, your not guilty – we all dream of choking some people out – (like you or I are probably thinking of right now).

If you have the Actus Reas or the act of Committing a Crime but not the Mens Rea, you dont have a crime. For instance – if a man intentionally shoots a gun straight up in the air on New Years Day and the bullet comes down and paralyzes someone, but his intention was to celebrate new years, then you dont have murder, you have negligence and discharging a loaded weapon offense. Its stupid but its not a crime. He could be held Civilly in a civil court but not much criminally.

You were stating ..

Which would imply that I had the Mental act or mens rea to Laugh at Gagne or DIss Gagne. .. noooooo.

then you claim…

you’re guilty of at least reckless and negligently, if not also knowingly.

also not true.

and like i said above. it was a great play, thats why it was the play of the day on NHL Network, .. its worthy of its talent and thats all I implied..

We can go all day on this if you want .. or at least till I have to go to work.

but there was no intention. YOU ALL TOOK IT THE WRONG WAY. PERIOD.

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 7:17 AM PST up reply actions

Heck if it was Iginla or if it was Richards or if it was Crosby I would have said the same thing "WOW what a save !" and one I like, one I love, and one I hate.

Except that isn’t what you said. You said “hey gagne lovers, check this out.” If you had said “WOW what a save!” this whole thing could have been avoided. Do you see the difference?

Lightning strikes once, Hextall strikes twice!

by hintzy64 on Mar 8, 2011 7:38 AM PST up reply actions

Seriously, not trying to tell you what you meant. Not at all. It’s in your head, not mine, so I have no idea. Just telling you how it read. So you’re the one who needs to chill. I’m already chill.

I honestly believe that you didn’t mean it to be a jab at Gagne. It just read the wrong way. It is a great save. If your title had been “AMAZING SAVE!” or something to that effect, this would have all been avoided.

Oh, and the follow up comment that not getting the goal was “typical gagne” didn’t help you either. But I can see how a slight wording change could have fixed that too.

Lightning strikes once, Hextall strikes twice!

by hintzy64 on Mar 8, 2011 7:31 AM PST up reply actions

“Mental Cupability”. Is that like honing one’s mind to focus only on winning the Stanley Cup?

Sarauj, Latvija!

by LVHokejs on Mar 8, 2011 7:36 AM PST up reply actions

I already stopped. He said he didn’t mean it that way, I’m willing to take his word.

by DragonGirl0583 on Mar 8, 2011 6:26 AM PST up reply actions

Nobody is telling you what you “meant” to do, only you know that. We’re all trying to tell you how it came across. If that’s not what you meant, fine, we’re just taking it the wrong way. Instead, you’re getting all defensive about it, which is only making it worse. What you said doesn’t sound like “respect” whether you meant it that way or not, it sounds like a jab at Gagne and his fans.

Lightning strikes once, Hextall strikes twice!

by hintzy64 on Mar 8, 2011 7:22 AM PST up reply actions

this the wrong way.

It is worth seeing for the sheer talent and beauty.

It was a sweet scoring chance – no Washington D Man around, Gagne Wide open.

A Young hot Goalie getting across the crease and making a stick save with his stick in mid air.

Thats TALENT and worthy of looking at.

by FLYERROB on Mar 8, 2011 5:59 AM PST up reply actions

PensionPlanPuppets.com is a fan community that allows members to post their own thoughts and opinions on the Toronto Maple Leafs and hockey in general. These views and thoughts may not be shared by the editor of PensionPlanPuppets.com.

X

forgot?

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Pension Plan Puppets

You must be a member of Pension Plan Puppets to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Pension Plan Puppets. You should read them.

Join Pension Plan Puppets

You must be a member of Pension Plan Puppets to participate.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_9355_tracker