A couple of sporadic thoughts on my mind this morning.
- Nazem Kadri's redirected goal and his tally in the shootout do not prove he should be in the NHL. The biggest issue I see in his game is actually his skating. He has poor acceleration and that really limits his offensive capabilities at the highest level.
- I'm happy for Ryan Hamilton getting into his first NHL game, but there's no future for him with the Leafs. They have a lot of young guys who can fill a bottom six role on the way.
- Should Tyler Bozak be playing wing? He's not a great set-up man and he's one of the better Leafs along the boards. He's a good skater and he can shoot the puck. I'm wondering if he wouldn't put up better numbers with less defensive responsibility.
- Alex Galchenyuk scored his first goal of the season in Sarnia's loss last night. Several members of the Leafs front office were in attendance. Destiny?
- Brian Burke has personally scouted Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, and Yakupov the last few nights. Hope he remembers how to do this.
Links after the jump...
Duh. He's from Oshawa. Bates over at LeafsNation has the recap.
Quick hits from MLHS
Interesting little piece from J. Willis at PPP2
Jeffler opines on Ryan Hamilton
VLM agrees with Jeff about Hamilton