So Colton Orr got himself a contract extension from Leafs GM Dave Nonis to the tune of 2 years at $925k a pop. In a vacuum this isn't a bad deal. It's a marginal NHLer being signed to a minimal contract that would only hurt the big club's salary cap by $25,000 should the player be sent down to the minors. Nothing to see here right? Wrong. While on it's own the contract is nothing, it just another bullet in the gun pointed at my head, being held by the Leafs front office.
Don't believe me? Here are the last five (non-call up/send down) moves that Dave Nonis has made:
- Extended Colton Orr through 2014-15
- Extended Korbinian Holzer through 2014-15
- Traded a 4th round pick for Ryan O'Byrne
- Traded Mike Brown for a conditional 4th round pick
- Claimed Frazer McLaren off waivers
Here are your links
My advice to you, is to start drinking heavily.
Some good stuff here.
Love them on your team; hate them off it.
Who you picking?