Before you do anything, read the post below this and make sure to take a look at the hissy fit Cox posted after getting some logical replies. Now, look at what he wrote this morning in which he suggests that the Leafs should trade two players that will be veteran leaders in 3 seasons (and still young) when the Leafs should be competitive again. Of course, Antro and Kaberle will bring in the most assets (if they can even be moved) but does Cox want a permanent re-build? And how about this conclusion:
If Leafs management is coldly realistic, there is great opportunity ahead in the next few months to shave a year or more off this rebuilding process by moving proven players for prospects and picks, rather than swapping picks and prospects for more established help, as it's believed Fletcher already has attempted to do.
Are you kidding me? After yesterday's "post"? Who is the editor at The Star? Who is in charge of making his arguments internally consistent because that guy should get shit-canned. Oh wait, Cox is a freaking editor. Oh brother.
Here are some links to actually thoughtfully written posts:
- Fellow SBNer Frank has previews of the Eastern and Western Conferences. Pretend that we did all of that legwork.
- Eyebeleaf feels a stirring for Schenn.
- Some odds and ends from the Maple Leafs Hot Stove.
- Stajan misses Welly. That literally makes one of us.
- Steve lays out the argument against keeping Schenn. I'll re-read that after tonight's game when Schenn is predictably amazing.
- DGB comes up with a great idea that will never happen. He's finding new ways to depress us.
- Did you know that the Leafs have a lot of defencemen? It's true!