So that first game was so good that the Leafs are allowed to play another. This time they take on Stanley Cup cont...cont...cont...look, I just can't write it. There is no way in hell that the Habs are Stanley Cup contenders. Despite the addition of Georges Laraque they are still Wellwood-soft, they still depend massively on the powerplay to generate offence, and Jim Carey Price doesn't like pressure. Now, that's not to say that they won't have a great regular season. It sickens me to type that but much like The Dynasty That Never Was they'll lose in the playoffs. Who knows how but they'll find a way. Here are some links while you pass the day waiting for the game preview and game thread:
- The General heads up the search party for Matt Stajan.
- Norte feels a funny tingle that he hasn't felt in a long time.
- Alex Tran looks at some Leafs prospects.
- Sarcasm online is often missed. And remember, no more parade jokes.
- TSM takes a look at the Globe's expose on the salary cap and revenue sharing.
- What's the deal with Stralman?
- Tough games coming up for the Buds.