Obviously the big news yesterday was the tragic passing of Alex Cherepanov. Mirtle has some more information from Russia and a link to a translation of an article by the New York Times. Greener notes that events like this one tend to put sports into perspective. Usually I don't believe in tying sports to world events (ie play baseball or the terrorists win) but when something like this happens, and on Thanksgiving no less, it is certainly a gentle reminder to re-focus on the important things in life.
Here are some links to read while waiting for Friday's game:
- Dear Canadian hockey fans: This is why the Leafs are on TV so much.
- Antropov is on a humanitarian mission.
- I am sensing a pattern with Leaf fans about Ryan Hollweg. Even The Omen is on the same page. Until he finds out that we agree with him.
- The three days of practice before Friday will help Wilson start to fix up this mess.
- The Canadian dollar is worrying.
- Yes, this is why we love Jarome Iginla. Take a seat Willie.
- MF37 has a list of demands and he's willing to execute one media member per week if they aren't met. Also, he wants a pony for his daughter Christmas.