Van Ryn was rammed into the end boards from behind by Kostopoulos early in the first period. Van Ryn went to the ice and later to the hospital, with what the club said was a broken hand, broken nose, concussion and cut face.
Say what you want about Hollweg being an asshole (he is), but Hollweg hasn't put anyone in the hospital with a broken hand, broken nose, cut face, and a concussion this season. Andrei Markov picking up a boarding call in the next period, and Kostitsyn's charge + game misconduct in the third make the Canadiens look like a team struggling under the weight of expectations.
Good to see Grabs pick up a beauty of a goal against the Habs. On to the links:
- Repressed Optimism wants to know if Jason Blake is alright.
- eyebleaf continues his deep thoughts series.
- Alec Brownscombe has a game recap up.
- Blurr looks at how two newcomers fared last night. I love Grabovski now.
- jrwendelman recounts the tale of his first and only game at Maple Leaf Gardens.
- From around the league, Darcy Tucker pots a game winner for Colorado, Bryan McCabe falls down after the puck bounces off of him, gets shot by Jokinen, and ends up in the net.
Thanks to everyone that came out to the Game Thread. Loser Domi retains her crown. Bow down to the Queen.
|Name||# of Posts|