Wow. The MLS All-Star Game last night was awesome. I'll have a longer post up with some video and pictures of Canadian celebs and a clarification on what I assume will be a huge talking point (I am writing this at 10:30pm and scheduling it to post so I can only imagine that the lying US media will confuse the issue): the apparent booing of the American anthem. Don't believe what's written or the fake outrage from Americans that have never in their life booed another anthem. The booing was targeted at a misunderstanding.
Anyway, while you wait on the edge of your seats to read about a game that most of you might not care about here are some links to check out. As always, feel free to add other links in the comments and use it as an open thread:
- ExiledMapleLeaf recounts how she found her way into Leafs Nation despite terrible parenting. We've got quite the collection so far so if you have not had a chance to share how you came to need group therapy write up a fanpost.
- Canucks fans are awfully optimistic that Sundin wants to join their team.
- Just in case Mats decides to part ways with the Buds General Borschevsky reminds us just why it would hurt so much to see him go.
- Speaking of Sundin, Glen Murray might have a reason to be upset with him.
- Mike Commodore with a newflash: the sens are heartless and their coaches are clueless. Welcome to every playoff series between the Toronto and ottawa Mike.
- Wyshynski! has a photoshop contest aimed at re-making Bettman's flagging reputation. Trying to make Bettman a hero? You'd have better odds keeping Jared sober.
- Why not more Canadian teams? Actually, get more Canadian teams everywhere. Give us a team we can get behind and we are a passionate bunch. Go to any Leafs' away game within about 15 hours driving distance, see the real Leaf fans, and tell me that Leafs Nation doesn't bring it.
- A New York Times transposition probably garnered DGB a few odder visitors than he's used to and that's saying a lot because JaredFromLondon frequents the site.
- Finally, Down Goes Brown issues a call to arms to any reader that has thought about starting their own blog. There's no time like the present. The Barilkosphere has grown leaps and bounds in the past year. It's about damn time!