Still no Canadian medals but there were some close calls and the Canadian records are being smashed which helps give the next generation of athletes more to strive towards. No panicking here.
Anyway, here are some links to get you through the day. As always, toss in any that you come across in the comments or a fanshot.
- Is this who gives The Fraud his tips?
- The good doctor takes a look at the changing salary structure in the NHL since the lockout. Long story short: kids are getting paid.
- Steve looks at how a few changes will affect the Leafs' goals for and against. A competent backup goaltender and a not entirely useless penalty kill will help the Leafs make big strides next year. In theory.
- General Borschevsky has been running a contest to judge the most random Leaf to score an OT winner in the playoffs. Valk's was too huge to count and Cory Effin' Cross' goal against the sens set up the sweep. Meanwhile, when the hell did Randy Wood score?
- On Frozen Blog has a contest for the favourite ref chirps. The last one is a good go-to chirp but the Pearl Harbour one is classic.
- Yesterday I make a joke about the sinking Canadian dollar affecting the cap and leading to the contraction of the senators and today Tom Luongo tells me to brace myself for a shrinking salary cap.