Well, you can't say that Canadian athletes are playing with some fire in their belly. The water polo team had their coach suspended and three players ejected during a rough and tumble game against Australia. Mike Brown's fourth place finish is heartbreaking but impressive if you think that he is the fourth best person in the world. Apparently rain is delaying the rowing events today and women's softball where Canada has gone 3-0 and is facing the US. Matt takes a look at the Sports Illustrated medal predictions and wonders how many Canada was meant to have by now. Take a guess and check the first comment for the answer.
Anyway, it'll be another long day (why can't all of the international sporting events be in my time zone?) but here are some links to help pass the time:
- Torontosportsmedia is listening to sports radio so that we don't have to. I think we can all like what he heard.
- Kukla's Korner finds an interesting nugget about a possible McCabe trade. Apparently we have to wait until the first of September so that the Leafs can cover the $2M bonus.
- Did Sundin paint himself into a corner?
- Someone call Lou Dobbs! There's a war on the NHL's middle class. Is it ridiculous to call millionaires middle class? Probably just a little bit.
- MD Milner has a good article on the Olympics and everyone's favourite swimmer.