The National Affairs desk has dreams, man - you know? Crazy dreams. Riding the tracks to the Spadina stockyards with a battered acoustic guitar and notebook full of tragicomic poetry, hoping to make my mark on the mind blowing readings on Front St.
Man, those would be crazy times. Shared experiences, getting groovy. Cracking into a stash of bennies with those cats Blake and Beauchemin (hey, don't get straight on me now - they've gotta tune in and turn on somehow). Taking a walk down to the head shop on University to get my salty boy Stålberg beautiful again. I need a connection to sort out that one percenter between the pipes, man. Dude's boosted this whole joint and it sucks, dig?
We've got to get together at the ACC (Air Canada Commune) and communicate, baby. It's been a bum rap acid test so far this Autumn and it ain't gonna get better until the new generation rises against the Clydes and the squares. It's time for a new winter of love in the Harbour-Bay(bury)!
Speak it, Thunderclap! Proclaim!
- Anyone looking for good news this morning is advised to
go piss up a ropereturn to bed with a hot drink and a volume of literature to improve yourself. If on the other hand you want to relive last night's sordid events, knock yourselves out with Norman James Sports, Leafs247, Toronto Sports Media, Truculence is Everything, a 'tired and emotional' Hungry Leafs Fan and an opposing view from Pensburgh.
- So where to go and what to do? Dr Steve and mf37 have their views - the latter with added Mozza goodness.
- Invoking the shtick of Richard II, TML Central tells the revolting peasants "You shall have no Captain but....."
- Hey, Marlies win! Gee Dee it people, we've been following the wrong team all this whole time! To the Ricoh!
- Prospects in blue and white news, with Dr Steve on Champagne and DiDomenico and Leafs247 on the Nazdaq. Speaking of which....oh lordy!
- Time to crack down on those peckish NHL'ers, so says the Fanhouse.
- LATE BREAKING : Jared's got a brand new plan.