Truly these are the salad days of hockey linkerage. The season is but two days old, the hopes and dreams of the masses are still fertile and fruitful and Carlo Colaiacovo isn't on the Injured Reserved list
And still...well, and still we on the National Affairs desk ponder the bigger questions. Does Garnet Exelby have consciousness or just an ever-expanding array of questionable hats? If you place Sergei Kostitsyn in a box knowing there is a 50% chance that he will either be in thrall to Mafioso kingpins or else engaging in fist talk on the mean streets of Minsk - at what point can you be sure that he's run away to the KHL with hot bitter tears stinging his eyes?
These thoughts will comprise my latest dissertation, 'A Critique Of Pure Dread'. Or 'The Thoughts That Go Through My Mind When I Think About Ovechkin Versus Toskala This Evening'.
- But we still have some looking back to do before we look forward. General Borschevsky and Hockey Talk from Two Leaf fans have yet to have their say on the CHARITY POINT!!!1!! successes of Thursday. 4 Habs Fans provide an alternate view, worth a look if only for the Stempniak reworking of the Michael Sembello classic.
- Maple Leaf Hot Stove wonders what's eating the Komikazi
- We're on a bit of a video tip in the FTB today, chaps. First of all, Toronto Sports Media has the anthem singing from opening night and a few other...ah...classic examples of patriotic fever.
- Next and fast becoming a classic in it's own right, Bloge Salming has the inside line on what was actually happening on the ice against the Habs and also a little bit of the old male bonding.
- Barry Melrose Rocks keeps things footage-centric, featuring a rousing speech of yore delivered by a child with the most hypnotic eyes in the known universe.
- Some of that fancy PVR sorcery now, as linked by PPP and Birky, revealing the secrets behind Ron's stratagems for the new season.
- Finally, the triumphant return indeed of Loser Domi and her Youtube yoinks.
- And really finally - in best traditions of the non-hockey link Saturday - it's Bad Questions for Yahoo Answers.
- LATE BREAKING - Dr Steve may have dreadful taste in comedians, but has the latest on the roster switcheroos for the big team and the Marlies.