We'll also need to show our work. What we do know about last night is we had one guy making cross crease passes like you won't believe. We had disinterested forwards, inept defensemen and one goalie who played his way into Saturday at the least. Let's see how the arith-a-ma-tic shakes out...
[(Forwards - truculence) + (defense - belligerence)] * (All-Star D-man + good goaltending) = last night?
Well now, that doesn't look right. Oh well, math was never my strong suit. Maybe someone else can come up with the answers in the links. But I'll save you the trouble. There are no answers, except, it's only the third game...
In what I can only assume will be a regular occurrence on week day games, the posts are a plethora of recaps.
- Rob from StraightOuttaSocal gives a recap worthy of my voracious reading appetite. That is, short and to the point.
- TSM went to the game and noticed the Leafs were missing one very important piece: a starting pitcher.
- Leaf and Lion foregoes the recap and instead writes the Leafs a rock opera (with a little help from Freddy Mercury and the boys in Queen.) I wish they played more like the song.
- Leafs247 shares the noteworthy happenings from last night.
- MLHS gives you the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Norman James has only one wish for Saturday.
- Greatest Hockey Legends has the story of a young Leafs draft pick who never lived up to the hype after making the team straight out of junior.
- TML Central gives a player by player account from last night.
- In case you didn't have the time to wade through the 700+ comments of the post game thread, the Hockey News has the quotes from coach Ron Wilson's post game presser.
- Bloge Salming has a new video showing Pierre McGuire's inner thoughts.
Truculeafs has the game in pictures.
- In a completely unrelated note, this storm chaser's blog is one of my favorite spots on the internet. Enjoy pictures from the Big Storm Picture. Most of them remind me of what I'm sure Ron Wilson's office looks like after games like last night.