The Barilkosphere is buzzing with talk of Phil. For the first time since Kessel became a Leaf, everytime his name was mentioned, it was not instantly followed with "for two first round picks and a second." No, when Kessticle came to the fore, it was followed or preceded by words like "wow" or "amazing" or "super fly."
OK, maybe not super fly. But you'd be hard pressed to disagree...
"Stajan AND Blake? FML." (via multimedia.heraldinteractive.com)
- Dr. Steve saw more of the same from the Leafs, with the exception of a new bright spot.
- Down Goes Brown had the sad realization that Kessel proves, the Leafs just are not that good. Well, the ones not named Phil Kessel.
- Hungry Leafs Fan recaps the game, and still can't accept that crashing the goalie is how the puck goes in the net.
- Always focusing on what's important, Archimedes dresses down the competition, and the home team. Also, the Jason Blake pic reminds me of Gary Busey's mug shot...
- TSM likes Pierre LeBrun's assessment of Kessel: "Downright Dynamite!"
- MLHS is also feeling the love for Phil, in a Robert Smithian kind of way.
- Straight Outta SoCal has their recap up. More disbelief on the game winner.
- Norman James can't believe the Leafs luck, or lack thereof lately. Still, the future looks bright...
- Leafs247 is sensing a trend.
- Kavel Pubina agrees; bad goals win games. Or do they...?
- Moustache Fever is feeling a little light in the win column.