It has been determined, if not thoroughly proven, that the Leafs are never going to win on talent alone. They need to work. They need to fight. Not fisticuffs (but ya, some of that won't hurt...) but puck battles. Take a page from Nikolai Kulemin's performance against the Sabres. It was grit. It was moxy...
It was atom bombs and blunt razors...
- Steve runs through the list of UFAs in 2011, looking for names that could give Burke pause. And, since he's got nothing else to do, how about a look at some of the Leafs prospects.
- What's better than pigs in space? Leafs in suits. Of course Archimedes has the skinny!
- Proving that hockey is the birthplace of modern technology, Vintage Leafs dusts off a pic of Foster Hewitt and his laptop. That's not all though, lots more at the site.
- MLHS notes the second time may be the charm for Viktor Stalberg
- Slava Duris lets you take a peek Under the Helmet, with the latest scoring chances data.
- The budBlog doesn't think Buffalo won the game at the ACC, so much as the Leafs lost it. Toronto Mike concurs with that assessment.
- The Hockey News runs through the who's-who of Canada's WJHC team, and says for the guy at #8, "expect fireworks." Giggity.
- Finnish friend (and Gustavsson booster since day one) Sleza has managed to get herself on Santa's naughty list by stealing some letters not postmarked to her address. Coal it is...
- Lastly, are you shitting me?
- Loser Domi has part one of part three (no, seriously...) of the Holiday Kesstacular! Will Phil Kessel find a worthy charity? Will Burke like his selection? And what about the children!?!?!?